Thursday, October 31, 2013

News::Ed Boon teases Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks HD

Once upon a time, Midway Games made a Mortal Kombat themed beat 'em up called Shaolin Monks. It starred Liu Kang and Kung Lao in an epic quest to defeat Shang Tsung, featuring full co-op, RPG elements, and a story. Surprisingly, it did rather well both commercially and critically, which might be why Ed Boon is teasing an HD version of Shaolin Monks over Twitter.


Jokingly, Boon tweeted a picture of a Shaolin Monks strategy guide, stating "Someone put this on my desk. WTF? Do they think we're doing an HD version to download ... um.. or something." I don't think I'm alone in saying I would easily buy a $10 downloadable version for the co-op factor alone -- and with a number of Mortal Kombat games coming to Steam recently, a PC release could sell very well.


I for one love these MK spinoffs, and as wonky as it was, I was also a fan of Mortal Kombat: Mythologies Sub Zero -- there's something about that game that drew me in over the course of an entire week.


Ed Boon [Twitter]


Ed Boon teases Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks HD screenshot






via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/ed-boon-teases-mortal-kombat-shaolin-monks-hd-264615.phtml