Friday, September 20, 2013

News::Strider Hands-On: Faster than Ever

Siliconera: The very first thing I noticed in Strider worried me: I couldnt use the D-pad to move. It was analog only. I checked the pause menu for a toggle, and even asked the attendant, but there was no way to move digitally. However, when I started moving Hiryu around, my worries melted away. Hes fast. Faster than he is in Strider 2. Its not just his speed that gives this impression, but the fact that certain things that felt a little bit jarring about older Strider games have been smoothed out. For instance, the time between the end of Hiryus slide and his return to quick movement has been decreased. Whereas a slide would lead to a brief stop in Strider 1 and 2, that delay is gone.



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1358445/strider-hands-on-faster-than-ever