Saturday, August 24, 2013

News::Impressions: Digging into Hyperkin's Pixel Art Controller

Game accessory manufacturer Hyperkin recently announced the Pixel Art Controller line of PC / Mac gamepads. I took a look at the blocky SNES-inspired design and concluded that handling this hunk of plastic would have the same effect as rubbing your palms against a cheese grater.


The folks at Hyperkin were not about to let me drag their name through the dirt, so they hooked me up with a prototype controller so that I may get a feel for its construction. I spent the morning putting the beast through its paces, and I thought I'd share what I learned.


Again, this is a handmade prototype, so some of my criticisms may be addressed by the time the controller officially releases in September.


Impressions: Digging into Hyperkin's Pixel Art Controller screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/impressions-digging-into-hyperkin-s-pixel-art-controller-260686.phtml