Thursday, July 4, 2013

News::Kingdoms Rise reminds me of Bushido Blade


I've always been keen on the idea of precision-based swordplay in games, a more surgical counterpoint to finely honed blades phasing through enemies for invisible damage points. It's why I've loved games like Bushido Blade, the classic PS1 fighter replete with bone breaking and one hit kills. Unfortunately, such titles seem few and far between. Presumably because they're hard to do well.


The two-person developed Kingdoms Rise , currently vying to be greenlit on Steam, seems similar in nature, though the developers have noted its particularly influenced by the Star Wars: Jedi Knight games. Not that I'll hold that against them. It's also not sticking with pure swordsmanship, featuring supplementary magic and other abilities. The character creator seems wonderfully robust, too.


Another point of delineation is the online multiplayer focus, featuring three different teamed and free-for-all modes. I'm particularly interested in the no-spawn "Opposing Kingdoms" mode. Seems to fit the tenor. Offline is restricted to bot-filled scenarios, either custom made or a pre-made gauntlet. It's not quite the one-on-one Bushido Blade-esque title I've been craving, but I'm definitely interested. Are you down for some thoughtful fantasy stabbing?


Kingdoms Rise reminds me of Bushido Blade screenshot






via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/kingdoms-rise-reminds-me-of-bushido-blade-257521.phtml