Saturday, June 1, 2013

News::The secret origin of Princess Peach

[Dtoid community blogger Voltech just blew my mind. --Mr Andy Dixon]


I know that opinions may vary pretty wildly on the game, but in all honesty, I like PlayStation All-Stars . I like it a lot more than I thought I would, and even months after its release I'll go out of my way to play online (now more than ever thanks to the presence of Emmett "Easy Money" Graves). It'll be interesting to see what comes next for the game, both in terms of new characters and in terms of a sequel that can improve on what we have already.


Still, if there's one thing I lament -- coming from someone who's spent years playing the Smash Bros. games -- it's the absence of a lot of true all-stars. Chief among them, Princess Peach. My brother swears up and down that she's overpowered/broken, but even if that was the case (and I suspect not, given her tier list placing), I still like her beyond just giving me a good shot at victory. There's just something refreshing -- or maybe "hilarious" is more like it -- about being able to fling around gorillas and smack evil warlords in the face with a tennis racket. She's THE videogame princess, and brings along with her an air of daintiness and goodness; she's like a breath of fresh air, in the sense that she's a respite against the MANLY MAN MEN that a lot of games would have you play as.


Don't get me wrong, there are other female characters that I enjoy playing as or having around (more so than Peach, and by a long shot), but for what it's worth, the pink-clad princess is more than enough to put a smile on my face... maybe because you never know what she'll be doing next.


The secret origin of Princess Peach screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/the-secret-origin-of-princess-peach-246737.phtml