Saturday, June 15, 2013

News::Infinity Ward: "[We've] been trying to make movies you get to play" - AusGamers

AusGamers caught up with Infinity Ward veteran, Mark Reuben, who talked openly about many aspects of the series from over the years, including their narrative philosophy and player handholding. "My overall feeling on that is I hope we dont," Reuben said of giving players more autonomy. "And Ill give you the reason why: I play a lot of different games, I mean if I see it on Steam I pretty much buy it -- Im playing Gun Point right now, its fricking awesome -- and its its thing and there are a lot of other games that do its thing and if everyone started to follow [that] direction one way or the other, I would be very disappointed because then all the games would be copying themselves. So we as a franchise have always been trying to make movies that you get to play..."



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1283200/infinity-ward-weve-been-trying-to-make-movies-you-get-to-play-ausgamers