Friday, May 17, 2013

News::Review: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D

I remember where I was when Donkey Kong Country Returns was announced for the Wii. I was in the E3 press room during the Nintendo conference, and I shouted a few obscenities at the screen after the surprise trailer, garnering everything from thumbs up from fellow fans to confused glares. You see, the Donkey Kong Country franchise is special to me, having influenced my view on gaming and platformers as a whole, and after a series of outliers like Donkey Konga, I was ready to return to its roots.


However, I had a few minor issues with the Wii game that I felt held it back a bit -- mostly the forced implementation of motion controls. But now, nearly three years later, I'm here to say that the re-launched Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D is the definitive version of the game, and if you enjoy platformers in any fashion, you need it in your life.


Review: Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/review-donkey-kong-country-returns-3d-253503.phtml