Monday, May 27, 2013

News::Crypt of the NecroDancer is a roguelike/rhythm mash-up


If I ever find myself locked in a dungeon, dancing will be my escape; this is what the trailer for Brace Yourself Games' Crypt of the NecroDancer has taught me. The game -- "a hardcore rhythm-based roguelike" -- is a veritable new one, as far as I can tell. In it, you'll perform actions to the beat in procedurally-generated dungeons. Just ... watch the trailer. It'll make sense.


If you have any concerns about the music quality itself, know that notable game composers DannyB and Alec Holowka are attached to NecroDancer. And since you can also load your own MP3s into the game, there shouldn't be anything to worry about on that front.


Crypt of the NecroDancer is a roguelike/rhythm mash-up screenshot






via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/crypt-of-the-necrodancer-is-a-roguelike-rhythm-mash-up-254636.phtml