Thursday, April 25, 2013

News::Wii U v3.0.0 update is live! OMG NO MORE OVERSCAN!!!

The Wii U version 3.0.0 update went live a short while ago, introducing a host of fixes and other significant tweaks. Of all the new features introduced, the one I'm most excited about is NO MORE OVERSCAN!!! WOOOOOOO!


That may sound like such a minor thing to be bothered by, but it bugged me personally to no end. Having the edges of the screen cut off and possibly missing out on important information just outside of my view? Balls to that! Unfortunately, my TV is such that I couldn't manually adjust for overscan, leaving me to pray that Nintendo would eventually address this issue.


Consider this problem addressed! A new TV settings option allows you to scale the size of your picture should your TV be among those that were held back a few years in school. Previously, this tweak was only available within certain apps like the Miiverse and the Internet browser, but now you can apply the changes on a universal level -- you can see the before and after comparisons in the gallery. After being told several times I should suck it up and buy a new TV, I feel vindicated.


Bone up on the rest of the changes further down.


Wii U v3.0.0 update is live! OMG NO MORE OVERSCAN!!! screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/wii-u-v3-0-0-update-is-live-omg-no-more-overscan--252495.phtml