Sunday, March 10, 2013

News::What I love about the Thief series

I love Thief. If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen me singing the series' praises as I played through Thief 1 & 2 late last year. Finally plunging into the defunct Looking Glass Studios' crowning achievement gave me much to talk about. Its art direction, level design, and mechanics ooze atmosphere, despite the low number of polygons that date the game's engine.


While Fraser Brown looked toward the future of the franchise, I'd like to take this opportunity to discuss Thief's past. With the reveal of Thief 4 , I am unsure of what to expect but I do know what I love about the original games. These are also the things that I'd like to see Eidos Montreal embrace.


What I love about the Thief series screenshot


Read more...



via destructoid http://www.destructoid.com/what-i-love-about-the-thief-series-247821.phtml