Tuesday, February 26, 2013

News::Are Next Gen Consoles Really Next Gen?

The big Sony announcement of the PS4 left a lot of people smiling from ear to ear. I will admit it was very impressive; we got a glimpse at some of the games coming out on the system and some of the new streaming functionality. The PS4 will no doubt have amazing visuals when it comes out but is it really a next gen console? I mean it is obviously Sonys next generation console but I dont believe it is the next generation of gaming. Dont get me wrong drastically improved visuals are always a plus, but after watching that Killzone 4 footage I couldn't help but think this is the same game I have played a hundred times before. I want something fresh, a level of immersion in a game that I have never experienced before. I thought that what I was looking for was years off, the kind of thing you see in sci-fi movies where the guys are playing games in virtual reality while sitting on their space ship or something. My dreams of this true next gen gaming experience were dreams, until abo...



via N4G: pc news feed http://n4g.com/news/1181916/are-next-gen-consoles-really-next-gen